I have been pretty freaking crafty lately.
Thanks to my new-found-love of pinterest, it got me back into the crafty/decorating mood.
I go in spurts... and here's my latest.
Cade recently upgraded to his own room, and these were leftovers for the guest room of our old house.
I wanted to transform it into a cute little boy room.
BEFORE:
My idea scheme:
First step, refinish the side table:
Add new textiles and a palm and voila!
I have a friend who is making me the cute white and aqua "surboards" sign on the idea palette above. :)
Next project: Frame my mirrors!
BEFORE:
(kinda boring, huh?)
I had little tabs holding this smaller mirror, so I had to remove the tabs and used liquid nails to glue it to the wall:
Next I hit home depot and bought some cute floor boards...borrowed my friend's skill saw and measured and cut 45* angles (I was bad at math, but I DO know two 45's makes 90! ;))
Then I glued and L bracketed them together.
Next, I used liquid nails to glue the frames to the mirror (this mirror didn't have tabs)
Then I sanded, painted, and here is
AFTER:
I am really happy with the results! I'm proud of my not-so-crafty self!










4 comments:
I have always wanted to frame my mirrors! And I love the green on that nightstand! So cute!
Very fun!! It all looks so cute!
Good job! Looks so good.
If you call yourself "not so crafty" then I am psyched because maybe i could do this someday :) It all looks awesome!!
Post a Comment