Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Obsession...

Okay, okay, so I know I am always the skeptical one when people make a HUGE deal out of things like books, but I am finally going to admit it. I am one of them. ::shudder::
I, after much persuading, started the book Twlight (the first of the series of 3 soon to be 4 books) and finished the first 3 books in a week! They had me hooked from page 1. Stephenie Meyer is an amazing author who packs in the action, suspense and romance! I guess it is good to force me to have a break to actually clean my house, run errands, and stop neglecting my child... but I cannot wait for the 4th book, Breaking Dawn, to come out in 5 days!! :) I never thought I would catch the bug like this. But, now I have persuaded a couple people to read them and they are just as addicted as I am, so I don't feel so bad. I highly recommend it! Jon's even thinking about reading them because I loved them so much... and maybe that would be good! ;) Edward could teach every guy a few things! ;)
-Brynne

10 comments:

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

welcome my friend!! I'm so glad you've discovered the books I agree they are sooooo addicting! the movie twilight is coming out soon as well!

Camille English said...

I was the same way until I read all three books in a week. Pretty good for a girl with twins.

Amber said...

Glad you joined the obsession :) I am reading Twilight with Kaylee. Now if I could just get Joe to read them, maybe he'd learn something from Edward too ;)

The Crebs Family said...

I just got that book from my friend and she was like "you have no choice you need to read this!" So I am starting it tonight. Her husband read them too, and said "You didn't tell me it was a love story! It would have been good if I skipped the first 150 pages" However, he is now on book #2! ha ha

The Larsons said...

That's my girl! :) Heard Mikin finished all of them too. I have the 3rd one, still haven't started it with everything going on, but it will be good reading material for our trip. Isn't crazy how involved you can get in someone else's fictional life?!

Anonymous said...

i like the book of mormon. cheezy i know
elder

Tiff Gatten said...

Man, girl, you must have a ton of time on your hands. I have about 30 pages left.....I'm savoring them...readings slowly until the next book comes out.

I'm like you...I had to be talked into it. Chantel has read them 3 times, and Challis loved them too, but Corbin said their over rated (he hates to read though) Rick hates to read more than Corb, so that'll never happen.

Good luck training your man....men like Edward only exist on paper. lol.

Brooke G said...

Brynne you are so right i love love love these books i can't wait for Breaking Dawn!
hayliann

THE BAISDEN FAMILY said...

This is sorta off the subject here, but I just wanted to say thank you so much for the fabulous hair cut! I Love it! You're amazing!!! Seriously, I like this cut better than any professional cut I've had. So thanks again...
and it looks like I'm going to have to read these books. I've heard nothing but great things...though, I too have been sceptic...but I guess it's time to get over it and jump on the wagon!

mratelle said...

While out of school and only working nights I read all three books in a week..(like how I have to justify it)... I'd have to say I'm rootin for Jacob....Edward is really just a hundred year old pedophile if you really think about it... so if men want to learn how to be better hang out at the retirement home...go wolf pack... eat blood suckers... btw I love your little boys room decor...I'm trying to get Britt into Cabelas more...