Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July...always quite the ride!

Over the 4th of July most every year, the Gatten side of our family goes rafting on the Clark Fork river! The water was really high this year. We hit it a few days too early so it was a little washed out, (and you know us Gattens, if we haven't flipped, aren't missing people, or aren't in a state of panic, it was just "okay") but this was the best, big, wave this time..."fang". We got buried! Brynne is on the left (Right side of the raft).
We made it through with only a few bumps and bruises. (Back LtoR: Brett, Dusty middle:Hayliann, David, Michael front: Brynne, Lizzy We had some good campfire games...(LtoR:Brynne, Lizzy and Brady, Jean, Hayliann)

Here is the cliff we always jump off of. It was about 35 ft. this time. Jonny jumped with the rest of the daredevils, but Brynne decided to be a spectator this year being pregnant, and after knocking herself out overrotating on a flip on the same cliff last year (it was low water=higher cliff) and severely bruising some ribs. Next time...!

We also have the chance to enjoy the firework display in St. Regis, MT. Let's just say there are no regulations there and they shoot of the big shells in the city park along with EVERYONE else and their dogs individual fireworks. It is CRAZY. Seriously. One of our cousins, Corbin Gatten, got hit it the head with one that went off sideways, singed his hair, and got a goosegg! We decided next time we need to wear safety glasses and hard hats!! Never a dull moment, and always on your toes!

Angie D, Cade and Brynne

Jonny and Caders

A few more of the group!

All in all, we always enjoy this time to do crazy things with family and friends, soak up the serenity of the river, see the bald eagles, go fishing, and catch up. We love it!!

8 comments:

Erin Spenc said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I miss rafting.
:(

Tiff Gatten said...

Rick and Corb had such a good time. Thanks for letting them go. I can't believe you went preg and all. I'm sure Rick and Corb were doggin' on me because I'm such a chicken when it comes to water, but oh well. Maybe next time I'll come hang around the camp or somethin'.

Daines said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun! Congratulations on being pregnant! I had no idea! We all should get together soon!

Suzi Q said...

You guys always do something outdoors and super fun. I hope that someday I will be more like that! I hope you guys had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I love rafting like that! Congrats on being Prego!! How exciting!

Peterson's said...

Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

your all nuts. i love you brynne. hows my little nephew? check up on my girl. the rafting looked nuts. you kept above water though. ha

Amber said...

What fun, you guys sure know where to go and how to have a great time.
By the way, I love your song list on this webpage, I put your music on during the day while I'm cleaning, etc.