About every other year or so we head to the Salmon River in Southern Idaho (or as Steve calls it: "the Maui of Idaho") to raft and enjoy the sandy, white beaches! This is actually where Brynne got baptized as well! It was a small group this year which made it all the better for us! Our little family had Nana and Papa to ourselves! Jon's dad, Bruce, came rafting one day and stayed two nights. Brynne's Uncle, Scott Davis, was also there with a group of scouts that kind of tagged along Saturday, which worked out because Jon was gone Saturday doing the McCall Olympic Triathlon with his Dad. So, having only had Steve and Brynne left to raft, we picked up two scouts for the run. The triathlon was hard, they said but they did great.
Here is a view of the canyon up above where we raft.
Saturyday we only did one run with the scouts (above getting the speach with Zoey as the captains "right hand man") then went to the Salmon fish hatchery. It was a great time! The Hatchery had everything from incubated eggs to HUGE adult Salmon who return from the ocean to this exact spot to spawn. Pretty amazing!
Played in the dirt and sand...
and had his first encounter with a HUGE cricket in the trailor and a big toad (no pic). It was so funny to watch his reaction!

12 comments:
Looks like fun! It reminds me of the high adventure trip that your dad took us on down there. That was so fun!
wow he is standing up in pictures and his hair is blonde. he is a freaking boy now. what happened?!
elder
Looks like fun. You look so good for being prego. I hope you are feeling good. How many moms can shoot a gun, huh? Pretty cool.
Looks like fun. You look so good for being prego. I hope you are feeling good. You can shoot a gun...Pretty cool. Not a lot of moms can say that, huh?
K, can I just tell you how much I love Riggings and McCall? They have this Hotel in Riggins right on the river and I sit in the room and eat junk and read. Then when I get board I go out on the balcony and wave to Rick. And once and awhile I go down to the river...but it stinks like craw fish or little crab things, so I don't stay long....it's so fun though...
I'd live in McCall if my kids would let me. It's such a cute town. Lot's of snow in the winter though. The Maui of Idaho though?.....That's a strech. :)
K, can I just tell you how much I love Riggings and McCall? They have this Hotel in Riggins right on the river and I sit in the room and eat junk and read. Then when I get board I go out on the balcony and wave to Rick. And once and awhile I go down to the river...but it stinks like craw fish or little crab things, so I don't stay long....it's so fun though...
I'd live in McCall if my kids would let me. It's such a cute town. Lot's of snow in the winter though.
The Maui of Idaho might be a steach though. :)
K, can I just tell you how much I love Riggings and McCall? They have this Hotel in Riggins right on the river and I sit in the room and eat junk and read. Then when I get board I go out on the balcony and wave to Rick. And once and awhile I go down to the river...but it stinks like craw fish or little crab things, so I don't stay long....it's so fun though...
I'd live in McCall if my kids would let me. It's such a cute town. Lot's of snow in the winter though.
K, blogger is being funky. Sorry I've posted so many times. It wouldn't let me post...and then all of them showed up at once....IDK?
Sorry I've posted like 20 times. Bogger is being stupid and my posts wouldn't show up, and now all of them showed up at once....Crazy!
Are ya kidding me?
What a cutie! Fun you got mom and dad to yourselves! We love when they come visit us. I seriously have dreams about rafting and the beaches. So fun! Wish I were there!!! We are is McCall right now. We have to raft the Payette someday! Missing my gun. Love ya
I think that is a mormon cricket. That is what they look like anyway, I can't really tell from the photo. Just think about those things eating all the crops the pioneers planted! Rafting and shooting looked fun!
Post a Comment