Sunday, September 7, 2008

My babes

Maybe it is because he has been gone for a week, but I have been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to be married to such a wonderful man. The first time I met Jonny, his confidence, his fun-loving and sarcastic character, and his good looks had me smitten. But although he has many amazing qualities, is so fun to be around, shares many of the same loves and hobbies as me, and is so easy to get along with, that is not what I love most about him.

Since we met and fell in love, we have been through so much together already. Some might say we've been through as much as a couple who has been married 10 years. But I am more than grateful to honestly say that the day I married him is the day I loved him the least. Through ups and downs, our love has grown to be unconditional and we feel like we can get through anything together.
I love Jon for his willingness to serve. I love him for the family man he has learned to be. I love how he shows his love to me in so many ways; whether it's putting toothpaste on my toothbrush, telling me how beautiful I am out of the blue, or telling me to sit and relax while he does the dishes. I love his soft, sensitive side. I love what a good dad he is to our son and how excited he is about our growing family. I love how he is so interactive in our lives. I love how I can tell him ANYTHING and he will love me still. I love that I WANT to tell him everything.
As we observe the world around us, we might be biased in saying that a love like ours does not come around every day and we feel so lucky to have found it. We are so compatable and I know that Heavenly Father helped us to find eachother to fill in eachother's gaps and help eachother become better people.
I am so grateful to be with such an amazing man, not only for this life, but for eternity. I wouldn't want anything less.
I love you so much, babe. You are, and always will be, my number one.

8 comments:

The Crisps said...

Aww! I bet this post is going to make everyone jealous! I'm glad you are so happy together! -Jess

Tiff Gatten said...

Well, that was very sweet. I married the perfect man, and I'm glad you got #2, ha, ha. It would have been just wrong to be married to your cousin anyhow. :)

Seriously though, I think you just missed him. ;)

Suzi Q said...

I am not going to lie Jon ALWAYS made me laugh no matter what. . . he always had something funny to say. He's a great catch!

Jason and Amy Smith said...

BRYNNE BRYNNE!!!!! I miss you girl! It's so fun to read up on you guys and see how life is going up there in the beautiful part of the states. Have I ever told you that you are beautiful?! :) Sounds like all is well with you guys. I was looking at pictures of our Moab trip a few years back... makes me miss ya. Love ya girl.

Joan said...

Hey there from Aunt Joan! I loved your blog! It was fun seeing how cute Cade is & how much he has grown. You guys have been super busy with all your activities & shared interests. It warms my heart to see how happy you are. It's exciting to have a little brother on the way for Cade!

Briett said...

You are shuch a beautiful person in side and out cousin. love ya Briett

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

it is so true you realize how much he truly means to you when you're not together! Our marriage became so much stronger this summer being apart. I hope that you are hanging in there while he is gone I know exactly how you're feeling!

Nicolay Family said...

Sweet!