Friday, July 24, 2009

Quirky Cade

This picture captures perfectly one of Cade's quirky sides.
I have been meaning to blog about this for a while, whenever one of his bouts happens. Let me list a few examples of what I am talking about:
-Every morning, before Cade makes his way to our room, we hear every door shut.
- If ever he sees a toilet seat up, he puts it down.
(in fact one specific time, he was crawling halfway in the bath, saw it up, said "uh oh", crawled back out of the tub, put the seat down, and then said "okay" and got in the bath. It's that bad.)
-If he sees an edge of our rugs flipped up, he can't pass it by without fixing it.
-We used to have a cup of pens (before he dumped them behind our fireplace) and he would dump them out, line them all up perfectly side-by-side, then put them back in the cup, and start all over again.
- He can't stand to have boogers in his nose.
-He asks for wipes all the time to clean.
- He asks to wash his hands. What kid does that?
The picture above was one time when he took him to clean my Dad's dental office with us. He was being all quiet for a while, and Jon found him lining up these toys out of the toy box perfectly on the arm of a waiting room chair.
We love your little quirks, Cade.
(oh and p.s.... he always notices when I change my toenail polish.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. He'll always help you keep the house clean and in order. (Jordan has a little bit of this in him too). I love it!

Jason and Amy Smith said...

Love Love Love that boy... if I have one, I hope he is just like that! Miss ya dude. :) Have you started your workout class yet?

The Cornett Family said...

Haha! Breck's much the same! He is very anal about his hands being clean, and loves lining up his cars perfectly side by side...it's funny to see them so peticular about things at such a young age, it's like they have OCD or something! Too bad we don't live there anymore, Breck and Cade seem like they would get along great!

Shalie said...

That is hilarious! Oh my goodness he has OCD or something :) How cute. Sorry again I had to miss out the other night, was it fun?

Sarah said...

Cute!!!

The Crisps said...

Lol! Funny kid.

Suzi Q said...

That cracks me up. I love it. I am a little the same way.

Missy said...

I'm thinking OCD here...Very very cute stuff! I have never ever heard of a little kid doing this kind of stuff..Sounds like you'll never have an issue trying to have him keep his room clean:)

Gatten Gang said...

I feel sorry for his wife! Nana

Tiff Gatten said...

cleanliness and order as quirks....I'll take it.

Stephanie said...

So cute! Mason used to line up his toys and books, but has never cared about cleaning anything or fixing any rugs! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Cade has all the makings for an excellent structural engineer. I'll keep a spot open for him. Maybe I should start telling Cade (Joe) the same thing I tell Bruce, that he can do whatever he wants in life as long as he goes to BYU and studies structural engineering.

Brandon

Anonymous said...

that is nuts... i remember this little kid as a baby just learning how to crawl, and not he is all over the place walking talking and cleaning...man how the times change...he is not a baby anymore!!
elder

Anonymous said...

so im thinking little Cade Marcus has OCD haha but hey nuttin wrong with that..atleast he helps..=)

Lynn Nichole