Saturday, May 16, 2009

Half Marathon? Check.

For some reason, I thought training to run 13.1 miles would be a good way to jump start me into shape after having Jay 4 months ago! It was my first time running 13 miles alone without walking at all. (I did a half ironman where I ran/walked the 13 mi. run leg.) I also started training a couple of weeks late, so I was happy with a time of 2:30!
The run was gorgeous...right along the Spokane River the whole way to end in River Front Park. It was so fun!
I couldn't have done it without:
A GREAT running partner to motivate me for those long, Saturday runs and run the race with.
My sister Mikin
An awesome circle of motivation:
(My sis in law Lizzy got Mikin to do it who got me to do it ;) We also had a few other family members and friends who did it.)
And the very best support crew out there!
Jon, Cade and Jay.
Especially you, babe. Thanks for your endless support when I do these things!

Mikin and I ran with this 70-something man from Laos for a while. It was his first half marathon, too. It always inspires me when I see these older people still so active! I was chatting with him, and asked him to take a picture of our family, and he thought I wanted a picture of HIM WITH my family. Cute. :)

All of the above, thanks for helping me FINISH!(LtoR: Mikin and Brynne sprinting to the finish line!)

11 comments:

Kelsee said...

You are my hero! Good job! I feel like such a slacker now, but I am working really hard to get in shape after having the two babies. 12lbs lost already, only 68 to go!

Kelsee

Sally said...

WOA! Awesome B! Really good job. I'm proud of you. I wish really bad I was there to run w/ you! And play w/ your boys and hang out and everything else...but back to the point: You're super awesome.

Eileen Jensen said...

You blow me away. You look awesome I cant believe it only been 4 months since you had Jay. I hope I can lose my baby weight as good as you have.

Tiff Gatten said...

Wow! I can't believe you already have this blogged! Good for you. You guys did great! I'm proud of you guys. I bet it really was beautiful. I still think some day we need to do a family run like Ragnar. I think you all should think about it. :)

Erin Spenc said...

Hey, great job! Unfortunately most people don't realize just how hard that is, especially so soon after having a baby, but I get it and I am SO proud! I really am! Congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment.

Shalie said...

That is so neat. A half marathon is my goal for next sept.! But I'm not a runner, so it will be really hard for me to get into it! I'll have to get your tips for motivation :)

The Cornett Family said...

Great Job! Looks like it was tons of fun!

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

Brynne, Thanks for being there with me the whole way... It was harder than I thought it would be at the end there. I love you! You rocked it! I am so grateful to have you so close and to share a memory like this with you!

Anonymous said...

that is so schweeeetttt.. Atta way big sis....i give you a A on that one! your the best...a true inspiration! love ya
spike lee

kelly said...

Ugh, you blow me away Brynne! You look awesome. You ARE awesome. Go Brynneeeeee.

Meagan Zastrow said...

Way to go!! I bet it felt great to be able to accomplish something like that.