Memorial Day Weekend
Just wanted to show you some "normal" stuff you will see going on in our camp at the St. Joe:
10 and under driving 4 wheelers full of even younger kids

Little boys with bb guns and 22's shooting misc. animals
(not to mention gutting and skinning them)
Kids hanging off the side of Nana's car "watching the rafters" at 30 mph("Just throw a hat on 'em....they're fine.")
Your kid barfs the night you get there (has the flu) and everyone says,"He's fine. Heal here or heal at home...it's all the same. Tough it out." Poor Cade.
Whitewater rafting in 45 degree water....even on the rainy, cold years. (LtoR: Steve, Brett, Rick C., Missy, Tyler, Benji, Dan R., Jon, A.J.)
(Below: Jon is back right)
(below: A.J., Steve, Mikin, Ben, Jon and Brynne)
(Below: A.J. saves Brynne and Casey Fowler saves Jannalee after we nailed a big hole)
(Below: Jon is back right)
(below: A.J., Steve, Mikin, Ben, Jon and Brynne)
(Below: A.J. saves Brynne and Casey Fowler saves Jannalee after we nailed a big hole)


9 comments:
How fun! And I have a bone to pick with you! How is it possible that you look so good while camping?! Even at girls camp you looked good on the last day! Its not normal! -Kelsee Webb
This is hilarious! Shane and I had fun reading it. Only the Gattens...You guys know how to have fun :)
What a great post! :) Still trying to get my husband to wrap his head around all of this "normalness"... 10 years of knowing our fam, and he still doesn't quite get it. :) You are adorable Brynne. Way to take it in the teeth!
Looks like a really fun trip! Cold water, and I'm so sorry Jay got the flu, poor thing, hope he's feeling better.
This makes me miss living in Idaho. I don't think kids can't learn to be tough and have so much fun anywhere else!
HAHAHAHAHA! Now that I think of it, those things aren't exactly "normal"... except for us, I guess! I'm sad I missed out on the sun this year. At least I won't miss out on the Clark Fork this year.
I was just thinking about my weekend with you guys on the St. Joe. I remember I had my foot jammed in the raft so hard so I wouldn't fall out that it was numb for the next few months. Go Cade!!! Only 2yrs old!!! You have such a cute family!
Yup, you guys are crazy! :)
Looks like fun Awwhhhh the joys of living in north Idaho. Lilyan had the nasty flu bug too and it was no fun.
Post a Comment