Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tri Time!!

Coeur d'Alene Olympic Triathlon
"The Scenic Challenge"
1 mile swim. 26 mile bike. 6.2 mile run
the start:

the finish!!


The results:
Brynne placed 1st in her division!
(time of 2 hrs. 53 min. Cut a 1/2 hr. off of last year's time!)
Jon's team "We've Been Robbed"
(including Brandon doing the swim, Jon on bike and Sherry on run)
got 3rd in their team division! (out of 36 teams!)
(time of 2 hrs. 20 min...J's bike time was 1 hr 12 min. That's fast.)
So, we both came home with medals this year!
We had lots of other friends and family members complete the race as well.

Brett beat Brynne by less than a minute!

Mikin and (friend and also Brynne's boss) Dana did awesome on their FIRST tri!

This is definitely one of the most challenging tri's we compete in, but so beautiful and fun and nice to be in our home town. We also love all the support! Hard to beat the fun of RACE SEASON!!

12 comments:

Sally said...

HOLY CRAP! You are the woMAN! I can't believe it. I'm so proud of you. I really am. That is SO rad. Someday we're doing one together. And you'll probably leave me in the dust, but hey!

the Eggett's said...

holy cow great job! you are such an amazing athlete!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome for the two of you. With a seven month ld, that is amazing to have trained and take first all in that short of time. Good for you girl. You inspire me.

Kelsee said...

In the words of the great band Chicago, "You're my inspiration!" Wow woman, you rock! I am so fliggin' impressed right now! Good job lady! -Kelsee

Shalie said...

Nicely done! That is awesome, congrats!!

Jason and Amy Smith said...

You guys are amazing... always doing something fun and exciting! Wish we could be there in the West to partake, but maybe in a few years. Miss you guys.

da franks said...

Wow what amazing pictures, you guys are amazing, lol!

just a girl. said...

you did great! looked like a early mornning for some of us!XOXOXOXOXO

Dave and Jen said...

You had a great time. I'm jeolous that I wasn't there this year. They are a lot of fun . I am training for a sprint tri in Orlanda in Oct. I'm not a swimmmer so I thought it would be a good one to try for my first. I'm so lucky that my ward here has many women that want to do it with me. You have always been an inspiration for me to be in better shape. Maybe someday my time will be close to yours. Your Awesome!!!

Tiff Gatten said...

Girl! You cut a 1/2 hour off?! Dang! You go! You must be really proud to take 1st in your division. It's great that you all get out and do this together. I wish I was there so you could push me to be a better swimmer.

Suzi Q said...

Yeah you blow me away with your insane skills. Jealous, but whatever. I am proud of you though! And yes, it feels good to lose the weight the right way!

The Larsons said...

Can I just say I am PROUD to be your sister! Geez... you left them all the DUST! You are really amazing Brynne, and I know Mikin and Brett loved doing it with you. AND... you look beautiful while doing it! What is up with that?!