
Recently, I (Brynne) have been very stressed out. Busy, crazy, exhausted and very emotionally weighed down. I seemed to have been caught in a web, not knowing how I got there. Certain things had been weighing on my mind a lot, and I had been wondering what I can do to make certain situations better, or to help. I was wanting and wishing I could force things to change. This weekend, Jon was elk hunting and I was alone to deal with the emotions at their peak. The weather at the time almost seemed parallel with my feelings. Sunday was a HUGE storm. There was thunder, lightening, and wind that I thought might blow our house over. It made me cringe and just want to curl up in a blanket.
Then something amazing happened.
The rain came to a hault and all of the sudden this appeared. A beautiful, double rainbow directly over our home (That's my red car parked in the driveway). All the sudden I had a sense of peace. Right then, I realized that I wasn't alone. Heavenly Father was aware of my situation and each situation surrounding mine.
My own blessings started to come to mind. I started thinking about the amazing husband I have, who loves me for who I am and is so good to me. For my two divinely created boys that bring me so much joy being their mom. The temporal blessings and our needs being met in this economy. And most of all, the gospel to bring me peace when I need it.
I heard a quote that same day that struck me: "If our lives and our faith are centered on Jesus Christ and His restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanantly wrong." -Howard W. Hunter
I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who is aware of me...
And for rainbows after the rain.

9 comments:
hey, that's my pic!
I have that same pic too! From our back porch it looked like it ended over Cassie Daines house. I know how you have been feeling and I felt the same kind of peace that day. -Kelsee
Know that you are loved what an awesome way to reconfirm your testimony. I enjoyed it sunday by the way. Great pic.
I totally hear you! That was almost my testimony too on Sunday! Funny how our trials make us stronger but we hate going through them! I try and not look at them as trials but more as my weaknesses becoming strong and what i want to get out a situation! You are amazing and I hope that things get better for you! I believe everything in life happens for a reason!
I believe that rainbows are one way He shows us His tender mercies. My grandmother passed away and on the way home from the hospital that day was a rainbow. Then on my wedding day there was a rainbow and I believe she was telling me that she was there. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.
Thanks for having Nate over last night. He said your boys are adorable and PANCAKE is still the same. He said it was great to see you guys. Hopefully we can make the trip with him next time.
You can't save everyone and you can't make everything better for everyone....let go. What is...is. Make the best of it, and comfort those you can. A hug always makes things more bearable. Wish I could give you one. :)
what a neat, beautiful picture!! I sure hope you're right about that rainbow thing...I think we could all use one.
I love you Brynne. You are awesome. Thanks for sharing and lifting my spirits. I'm going to put that quote up on my mirror today :)
Thanks for sharing that Brynne. I guess we all have those days. You're a rock. THanks for being such a great wife and mother.
Kelly
Post a Comment