Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lucky Boys (and Me)

Many times, we've still been up late, and we'll hear Jay wake up crying and then hear Cade sit up, lean over the bunk bed and say, "It's okay, Jay. You're okay, buddy. Go back to sleep." In such an understanding voice. Jay will usually always find comfort in that, and go back to sleep. It is so fun to witness their loving, brotherly relationship at such young ages.

We put our boys to bed like normal Sunday and went back in to check on them and found them like this. :)

But even more than that, I couldn't help but watch Jonny soak up this moment...I had to snap a picture. This is so typical of him.
Sometimes, when I see moments like this, I stop and realize how incredibly lucky these guys are to have a Dad who is gentle, kind, sensitive, and loves them more than life itself. I see it in his eyes so much when he gets to spend time with them hitting a baseball, snuggling, playing games, or whatever it may be. I hear it in his voice when he's away and talks to them on the phone, or hear it in his laugh as I relay a cute thing Cade or Jay did that day. Many times Jon will look at me while the boys carry on playing, and give me a smile that says it all. Also, he makes sure they always show me respect, and I respect him for that. I LOVE being married to a man who LOVES being a Dad.

I fall more and more in love with this man every day.

2 comments:

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

so cute that they got in bed together!

Sally said...

Ah man! So cute! Those boys are darling and it's pretty dang awesome Jon loves being a dad so much.