Saturday, April 26, 2008

HORRIBLE!!!


So, the hairdresser I have been going to since I was about 15 is amazing with color. As for cuts, especially short to medium ones, I'm not gonna lie, she needs to just leave them off her tabs. Each time she hasn't done the best, I go home, fix it up with my own scissors a bit, and still can work with it. Not so much now.


I have been trying to grow my hair out for months and months now and the last time I let her "trim" my hair...she chopped it!!! So, this time I felt bad getting a color with no cut when it was OBVIOUS I needed a trim, so I thought... what the heck, she can't screw things up too terribly bad again. I'll just tell her to take off a tiny bit. So, she starts clipping and she seems to be doing very well, when toward the end I tell her to even out the front (I still had a bit of an A-line from when my hair was shorter). Well, she CHOPS my front and tapers it all up. I about died when she made that first cut to the front. So, now I have hair in the shape of a big U from the back and it looks like it should be gray and I should have a little grandma cap on. I, for the first time, HATE MY HAIR! So, here's the question....do I cut off the back of the hair and even it out more into a bob (pretty much starting back at square 1), or do I wear my hair up for the next 5 months till its longer and I can go back to the girl I love at great clips for a fix? I'm thinking I might go back short with you, Heather. Above is a pic. of a the haircut I might do if I go back short (minus the color and I'd have longer bangs that could go behind my ear ;). Give me your input.

9 comments:

The English's said...

Sad. Bad hair is always a bummer. If you need an awesome stylist my sister almost runs the Salon she works at an does awesome she could prabably help let me know. If not I love the Jen look!

The Larsons said...

I love the picture above...but you need to let us see a picture of your hair too. The only thing...is didn't you grow out your bangs too? Maybe a cut like the above one, but without bangs? I think you look amazing with short hair too...and your hair seemed to grow fast. My worst hair cut was in Oklahoma... go figure. It was like a feathered 80's. I seriously went home and cried. So sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry. I really have a pretty emotional attatchment to my hair. I finally found a girl that I love. Her color is pretty expensive, but her cuts are amazing. The girl I went to before I would cry every time I got my hair done. I am so sorry for you. I think if you find a good cut short is fun. I was trying to grow my hair out because I love doing it long, but now every time I'm like go a little shorter. The biggest is finding a hairdo that your hair likes. The girl who cut my hair spent twenty minutes diagnosing my hair. The way it grows, the natural wave, everything. Because of that it's done in ten-fifteen minutes and feels great. Before I was fighting it not stop to do what I wanted it to do. I actually love the cut pictures and would be so fun on you. You have the personality to pull it off and you are great with bobby pins so you could still pull it back. It's like on american idol, if you look good you look good. You could have the three stooges haircut and still make it look amazing. That does suck to have all your work in growing it out go up in smoke and to not like it on top of it is really a bummer.

Daines said...

I'm so sorry about your hair! I like the picture, but personally I don't think you have anything to worry about either way! You've always been able to pull off whatever you wanted. I like the cut in the picture...good luck! (Personally I think the pink could be fun too!)

Tiff Gatten said...

You should post a pic of the horrible hair so I can see it. I really doubt that it’s horrible though. You are young and beautiful. You would look amazing with your head shaved. I like the pic above. I even like the bangs. Just do it! Short and sassy for summer.

Amber said...

So sorry, so frustrating when you have been trying to grow it out. I do think you would look great with your hair short like the pictures. Let us know what you decide and good luck, you'd look cute no matter how you get it done.

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

Oh no! I'm sorry! I think you should totally do it!! haha I feel quite liberated without hair! And I love Jes' hair you know that already :) so I think you should do it if you want to!!

thirdofeight said...

Love you too Brynne. Sorry about the hair. Wish I could find a good men's haircut for under $28. Cali's expensive!

Brooke G said...

I agree with Cassie. You need to show us the bad hair cut. To us, it might be pretty cute. But I do like the style of the photo you showed!