Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Life

I found this comic to be hilarious and so accurate right now. :) I am having so much fun though. I also found this quote recently that describes how I am feeling perfectly:

"To think of all times...when I've longed for a life of my own, to have time to pamper myself, to have an uninterrupted phone coversation or bath. Suddenly all of that seems superfluous when compared with the feeling of knowing exactly who I am. I am this mom, wife, teacher, writer, draw-er, storyteller, nurse, baker, volunteer person. I've loved that feeling of knowing, beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm in the right place at the right time. Whenever I feel overwhelmed with the things I'm not getting done, I can stop, read a book with one of my children, and know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there's nothing more important, more monumental, more future-building, than what I am doing at that moment.
...I wonder how I'll pass my days when I finally have the freedom for which I've longed. What will it be like to crawl into bed without first tucking warm, little bodies under thier own covers? How will I spend my mornings without the expectation of sleepy little feet shuffling my way for that first morning hug?
I close my eyes and make a pledge not to take any of it for granted, to enjoy every hectic, exhausting, demanding moment I have in this chapter of my life."
-Mimi Greenwood Knight

5 comments:

Gatten Gang said...

What a wonderful tribute to mothers. It really says it all. Mom

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

hahaha that comic made me laugh out loud!!

Anonymous said...

love it. i'm so there now. not only did i forget how i hate waking up in the middle of the night, i'm in pain. YAY!

Lacey said...

Great quote. I need to read that everyday.

Jeppsen's said...

Oh yeah We loved the name. I laughed when I heard what you named your baby. You have very sweet little boys their soo handsome! Jenny